Holley Shiftwell: "Oh, yes, sorry. It's Shiftwell. Holley Shiftwell."
—Holley introducing herself to Mater
Holley Shiftwell is a supporting character in Cars 2. She is voiced by Emily Mortimer.
Official Description Edit
Holley is a beautiful young British desk agent turned spy-in-training who is stationed in Tokyo. Well-educated and sharp, she knows every trick in the book (or rather, she relies on every trick in the spy manual). She is armed with all of the latest state-of-the-art spy equipment imaginable, from hidden cameras and concealed weapons to a telescoping utility arm and a holographic pop-up display. Holley is a highly motivated agent, but is fresh out of the academy, so her experience is based on lessons learned in school rather than real-life situations. When Finn McMissile requires Holley's technical expertise for his latest top-secret field operation, she finds herself pursuing a rendezvous with the most unlikely candidate -- Mater, an innocent tow truck caught up in the intrigue, who is mesmerized by the beauty of his newest best friend.
Physical Appearance Edit
Holley has high resemblance to a Jaguar XJR-15. She is painted magenta, and has chrome rims and decals, and jade green eyes. Her license plate reads "HS1201", which also includes a reference to the birthday of her voice actress Emily Mortimer (December 1).
Powers and Abilities Edit
Holley can go up to 160 mph, and from zero to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds. Her engine type is a 3.5-liter turbocharged V-6, and she has a horsepower of 275. She also has several gadgets:
- On-board computer: Holley is able to get a holographic screen displayed on her front to show spy data, and she uses dual trackball platforms as a mouse.
- Projection lamps: These show the display of a hologram above her headlights. Located above her headlights, they emit the hologram heads-up display.
- Dual mounted trackball platforms: These are used to control her heads-up display, by using her wheels. They draw up in her undercarriage, and are like a computer mouse.
- Headlight cameras: They send images to her on-board computer, being invisible.
- Digital read-outs: She can get transmissions from other secret agents as well as seeing an environment's map with the screen, which is located on the side mirror.
- Retractable wings for flight: They allow Holley to fly through the air. Wings come out from her rocker panels, and her rear deck lid turns into a T-tail, along with her exhaust using afterburners.
Additionally, she has several gadgets and weapons equipped in her front wheels:
- Concealed guns: They are used to shoot bad guys. She has one in each wheel.
- Electroshock device: This is used to give people an electroshock, looking similar to a taser, and has a long cord.
- Telescoping utility arm: Holley can use this to press a control panel's buttons and carry devices that are small, such as the one carrying a photo of the lemons' mastermind's engine.